Some of the activities include:
- Free lunchtime walks every Wednesday at Pomfret with CAS staff.
- A discussion of bird conservation and citizen science by Dr. Twan Leenders, CAS Conservation Biologist and one of the authors of this blog, in Glastonbury on Wednesday, April 7 at 7:00PM.
- Earth Day cleanup at Milford Point on Saturday, April 17. Besides the volunteer effort there will be various activities, games, and live animals. Donate as much time as you can to help keep our beaches clean for shorebirds such as the endangered Piping Plover.
- Birdcraft Sanctuary's new SpringFest event, 10AM-3PM on Saturday, April 24. It's a chance to buy locally grown plants for your garden, talk to CAS staff about setting up bird feeders and houses, and enjoy various activities for children.
- "Frog and Salamander Meander" at the CAS Center in Fairfield on Friday, April 30th, from 6:30-8:00PM. Bring your children and join the quest to find amphibians in some of the wetlands and ponds in the beautiful 155-acre Larsen Wildlife Sanctuary.