Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The shadow of a...what?

Take a look at this photo of a bird I took in late May.


It was a cloudy day with showers in the area but no real rain to speak of. This bird was a migrant feeding in my yard. I had been looking to take some photos of it in poor light and ended up finally having it pop out into the open in a backlit and terrible position for the settings I had put my camera on as I was looking for it among the dark foliage in the shrubs in front of me.

Do you have any idea what it is? Take your best guesses, even if it is a whole family, and I'll give you the answer soon. No cheating! If you know what I mean...


Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician

Photo by Scott Kruitbosch © Connecticut Audubon Society and not to be reproduced without explicit CAS permission

3 comments:

  1. It definitely looks like some type of warbler and judging by the grayish back and yellowish underbelly along with the white eye ring I am guessing it is a Canada Warbler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I forget that people have different monitor settings...you can see a lot more than I can with my darker screen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I'll be sure to lower my setting next time! :)

    ReplyDelete