Monday, October 3, 2011

Wave action at Stratford Point

Check out these waves crashing against Stratford Point in the HD video below from last week.





No, these are not from a hurricane, tropical storm, or nor'easter - it is the result of simply strong easterly winds near high tide. You can imagine how much worse this would have looked during Irene and many other major storms in the past few years, and that more days like this are in store for the future for all of the Connecticut coastline as sea levels rise and stronger storms become more frequent. All of these kinds of events go in to our habitat management and planning across the state.

Naturally, after I stopped shooting and watched the video on my camera and I turned my back to the water to keep the spray from hitting it more, a much larger wave crashed onshore and soaked me...


Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician

No comments:

Post a Comment